Guess what time it is?! It is time for one of my favorite posts each season, my adventure series. Sometimes the hustle and bustle of life gets us a little dazed and confused but by spicing your life up with some adventures it will truly make a difference. It is so exciting to take a look at the next few months and plan something fun, something that you can look forward to. An adventure does not need to be big by any means, as you will see below, an adventure is what you make it, just like life is what you make it (sorry major run-on)!
Can you believe it is already fall? Time is flying by! I can hardly even believe it is my favorite time of the year. There is just something about this time that is so inspiring to me. I’m not sure if it is the beautiful leaves changing or the crisp weather or maybe it’s a fresh start! So I put together my must do list for this Fall and I thought I’d share it with you!
- Get outside // okay, okay for a lot of you, you are probably thinking well of course. But go outside and explore the beautiful outdoors (a bit cheesy, I know). There is no better time to go adventure in the wilderness. Tomorrow I am headed to the mountains and I cannot (!!!) wait to go for a hike. There is something so great about just taking a few hours to step away from everything you have going on and enjoying the little things. Seriously just do it! Go find a national park or local hiking trial. I bet there are more in your are than you think!
- Apple Picking // For some reason this year I have been itching to go apple picking. Get a group together and go to your local farm. You can make a whole day out of it and plan a little picnic or corn maze to as well. I also guarantee that where you go will have fresh donuts and cider… need I say more? Then just think you will have fresh apples for apple pies, pastries, apple cobbler, homemade caramel apples… you name it!
- Pumpkin (or fall) Beer Tasting Party // How much fun would it be to have a little festive beer or cider tasting party? Just cover up each of the labels, create little scorecards and voila let the tasting begin. It’s a great excuse to get people together and also try some fun drinks that you may not usually try!
- Volunteer at a Soup Kitchen // With the temps slowly dropping, there is no better time to help those in need so why not spend your Saturday mornings serving your local soup kitchen? If you live in Charlotte, the Charlotte Dream Center hosts a lunch every Sunday at Kings Kitchen for the homeless. I can’t wait to volunteer at one of these! I’m gonna try to get a group of friends together after church to serve. Even if it’s not a soup kitchen check to see any orphanages or refugee homes!
- Tackle your book list // I will be the first to admit that I am a huge bookworm! So you know that list of books you have been wanting to read? Tackle it now! Pick up a book and either get in some comfy clothes and make yourself some coffee (+ a splash of pumpkin spice creamer) or go find a spot to read outside. It is the perfect R&R that you are probably craving!